On March 8 every year, International Women’s Day is celebrated to felicitate women and their achievements. Women have come a long way in their struggle for equality, but there is still a long distance to cover. This year, the theme for Women’s Day is ‘Be Bold For Change.’ And to encourage women to be bolder, stronger and more powerful in all spheres of life, we have 15 inspiring Women’s Day quotes. These powerful statements, made by women and for women, will inspire you to celebrate women in all their glory. Have a look:
1. “A feminist is anyone who recognizes the equality and full humanity of women and men.” – Gloria Steinem
2. “We cannot all succeed when half of us are held back.” – Malala Yousafzai
3. “In politics, if you want anything said, ask a man. If you want anything done, ask a woman.” – Margaret Thatcher
4. “For I conclude that the enemy is not lipstick, but guilt itself; we deserve lipstick, if we want it, AND free speech; we deserve to be sexual AND serious – or whatever we please. We are entitled to wear cowboy boots to our own revolution.” -Naomi Wolf
5. “At the end of the day, don’t forget that you are a person, don’t forget you are a mother, don’t forget you are a wife, don’t forget you are a daughter.” – Indra Nooyi
6.”The education and empowerment of women throughout the world cannot fail to result in a more caring, tolerant, just and peaceful life for all.” -Aung San Suu Kyi
8. “Beauty is about being comfortable in your own skin. It’s about knowing and accepting who you are.” – Ellen DeGeneres
9. “Don’t let anyone tell you you’re weak because you’re a woman.” – Mary Kom
10.”Women need to be empowered through the strongest tool – education. They don’t need to be subservient to anyone, but at the same time, men must change their mindset towards women. If they are more respectful towards them, then things will change at the grassroots level. It will happen slowly, but everyone has to move together.” – Madhuri Dixit
11.”There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” – Michelle Obama”Girls should never be afraid to be smart.” – Emma Watson
12.”In the future, there will be no female leaders. There will just be leaders.” – Sheryl Sandberg
13. “There is only ONE sign that a woman wants to have sex and that is that she says YES.” – Deepika Padukone
14. “I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own.” – Audre Lorde
15. “A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle.” – Irina Dunn.
WOMEN ARE PRECIOUS GIFTS TO HUMANITY.